It is our Interest Groups that set us apart from other Associations - find out why!
An Interest Group is formed by our members, for our members, and we believe that we will have at least one Interest Group for you. And if we don't, we will actively help you to set up one with other members who share a common interest.
As a result:
- At any given time, there are between 60-70 Interest Groups in ZIWA
- You can join in as many as you like
- Our Interest Groups meet in member homes, local coffee shops, restaurants, or a variety of locations throughout the Zurich area
- Most of our Groups operate in English, but we also have Book and Language Groups that operate in Spanish, French, Italian and of course German. (Do you speak a different language? No problem – you can always start a new group!)
- Most Groups meet weekly or monthly
- Best of all, many groups have no additional costs!
So whether you enjoy reading, talking, sport, adventure, the cinema, painting or a coffee, there is something for everyone.
The Executive Board organise special events throughout the year, which are open to all members. These events might have a theme or a speaker and normally take place over a meal and often in a very special setting. This is a wonderful opportunity to meet other ZIWA members and members of the ZIWA Executive Board.
- Meet Up With Us. Our “Stammtisch” is a weekly event where we come together in a relaxed place to have a drink and a chat together. Non-members are encouraged to attend to meet us and find out more about our Association.
- Reach-Out. Our Reach-Out is where ZIWA members can “Give Back” to our amazing city by volunteering for one of our charity programs – Flying Croissant, English Around the World, or the Disabled Riding Volunteer program. (These groups may change from time to time).
- Member Care. Our Member Care team provides ZIWA members with cards to celebrate happy celebrations and sad occasions. They listen, visit, encourage, sympathise, congratulate and befriend, as the case may be.